DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING:
The B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering is an undergraduate degree program that has been started in 2001 with the intake of 60 students and later in 2008 the strength of intake was increased to 90 and in 2009 intake was increased to 120 seats. The Department was accreditated by NBA in 2012 for 3 years. Department is concerned with imparting the knowledge in the field of Manufacturing engineering, Thermal and Design engineering. Mechanical Engineer has the responsibility to use different technical concepts of Mechanical Engineering appropriate for design, development and maintaining various engines, power plant equipment, heating and cooling systems and other simple and complex machinery. Nowadays the scope of mechanical engineering is expanding beyond its traditional boundaries. Mechanical engineers are focusing their attention towards new areas of research such as nanotechnology, development of composite materials, biomedical applications, environmental conservation, etc.
The ever increasing scope of this particular job profile now requires professionals to get into financial and marketing aspects of product development and even into people and resource management. All in all mechanical engineering offers a wide bouquet of job options to students who are looking for a stable and stimulating career.
Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a Bachelor (B.Tech) and Masters (M.Tech) Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Intake of Students - 180 (B.Tech)
Faculty students ratio - 1:15
Duration - 4 years (for lateral entry 3 years)
Intake of Students - 18 (M.Tech) Duration 2 Years.
To impart good quality undergraduate engineering education, the department focuses on development of practical and application oriented minds. The department is having highly experienced and qualified faculty members from reputed Institutions/Universities and many of the faculty members are certified by WIPRO in the special Programme “WIPRO MISSION 10X”. Department provide online ASME and other journals which are accessible to all students and faculty members. To increase the employability, the Department provides training based upon latest design software’s such as Catia, Pro-E, Solid works etc. To enhance the reasoning ability, aptitude and overall personality development of student’s special lectures are conducted. Department also conduct Industrial visit to their students in order to enhance their technical knowledge in practical fields.
Details of various labs:
Mechanical department has well equipped laboratories and computer systems with availability of 24 x 7 high speed interned connectivity.
Various labs in the department are:
- Material Science & Testing Lab
- Dynamics of Machines Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Machine Design Lab
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Manufacturing Science Lab
- Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Automobile Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab (Equipped with CNC Lathe Turner, Auto CAD & Pro-E, Software)
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
Professor Kuldeep Singh Pal is equipped with significant professional competence, academic and administrative strength.
He has been working with Bharat Institute of Technology since its inception in the year 2001. He has done his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering in the year 1999 from IET Lucknow and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from UPTU Lucknow.
He is having a experience of more than 14 years in teaching core subjects of Mechanical Engineering.He has also published a book on Engineering Mechanics.
He has also been involved in many administrative responsibilities given to himby university as Asstt. Center Superintendent, Centre Controller for State engineering entrance Examination, Member of flying squad and many more.
He has served on various positions such as chief proctor, Anti ragging convener, Sports convener in the institute.
Presently he is serving as a Head of Department and Dean Students’ Welfare.
1. The department is accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi).
2. Mr. Vineet Srivastava (Assistant Professor) has published a paper on “Experimental investigation on electrical discharge machining process with ultrasonic-assisted cryogenically cooled electrode” in Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture February 2013 vol. 227 no. 2, Pages 301-314.
3. Mr. Vineet Srivastava (Assistant Professor) has published a paper on “Study of ultrasonic assisted cryogenically cooled EDM process using sintered (Cu–TiC) tooltip” in Journal of Manufacturing Processes Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 158–166.
4. Mr. Mohd Murshid (Assistant Professor) presented a paper on “impact of loading and unloading strategy on the performance of flexible manufacturing system at various level or routing flexibility” ICMAS-2013. Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
To follow and achieve the mission, the undergraduate program implementation is based on certain educational objectives. The program educational objectives which are to be professionally accomplished in order to assure excellent engineering education to our graduates for their entire professional life are:
1. To foster within our graduates a strong foundation in the fundamental knowledge required for a career in mechanical engineering.
2. To promote and encourage our graduates in applying fundamentals of mechanical engineering in rigorous analysis and design application and he/she should be able to solve complex engineering problems encountered in industries.
3. Prepare our graduates with a broad up-to-date education for the diversity of productive career opportunities or for advanced study and life-long learning.
4. To develop within our graduates professional skills including management, responsible teamwork and creativity.
5. To develop an understanding of human dimensions of technology, fulfill social and ethical responsibilities and to develop an attitude for its lifelong practice.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The mechanical engineering graduates must demonstrate:
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
(b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyse and interpret data.
(c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
(d) Graduates will possess an ability to function in multidisciplinary teams.
(e) An ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
(g) An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
(h) Broad education to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
(i) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in self study and life-long learning.
(j) Knowledge of contemporary mechanical industry.
(k) An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice.
Various labs in the department are:
-Material Science & Testing Lab
-Dynamics of Machines Lab
-Fluid Mechanics Lab
-Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
-Machine Design Lab
-Engineering Mechanics Lab
-Manufacturing Science Lab
-Measurement and Metrology Lab
-CAD/CAM Lab (Equipped with CNC Lathe Turner, Auto CAD & Pro-E, Software)
-Fluid Machinery Lab
-Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
Click here to view: