Chemistry is an interface with all scientific disciplines and knowledge of this subject is essential for the understanding of nature as well as for the progress of the society. The department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences meets the requirements of undergraduate engineering students. The course on Chemistry & Environmental Science has been designed to equip future engineers with sufficient background in both of these disciplines to be able to identify required chemical measures to be adopted during their professional career.
We have employed outcome based teaching learning process. Problem oriented experiments have been designed for enhancing the analytical skills of the students. The Chemistry laboratories are well equipped with the latest instruments required for the experiments prescribed in the university curriculum of B.Tech.
Dr. Rajni Jain
HOD - Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences
She joined this institute in Aug 2008. She has been enlightening students with her valuable teaching for the last 20 years. She has done her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from University of Delhi .. Prior to that, she has worked as a CSIR, JRF and SRF . She has experience as a UGC Research Associate and then as a Research Scientist in DANIDA (Indo-Denmark) Research Project till 2004. Having vast research experience in the field of natural and synthetic chemistry, she has published 26 research papers in various reputed journals and also presented various papers in National and International conferences.
1. Working as a Member of the Asian Council of Science Editors and Review committee, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research.
2.Presented a research paper entitled “Effect of deposition time on Tin(II) Selenide Semiconducting Films prepared by a chemical route” in 4th National Conference on Recent Advances in Chemical & Environmental Sciences(RACE-2016) organized by ITM University Gwalior.
3. Participated in AICTE recognized Short Term Course on E-governance in Technical Institutions through ICT from 27 July to 31 July 2015 at BIT.
4. Participated in AICTE recognized Short Term Course on Instructional Planning & Delivery from 7 July to 11 July2015 at BIT.
5. Presented a poster in chemical science section of the 102nd Indian Science Congress , University of Mumbai.Jan.3-7, 2015. “CO adsorption study on cobalt metal loaded catalyst supported on conventional and mesoporous ZSM-5 for Fischer Tropsch Synthesis.”
6. Attended a workshop on “Nano Probe Techniques” at IIT Delhi on 14th July 2014 sponsored by CAMECA INDIA..
7. Participated in Science Academics ‘Lecture Workshop on “ Recent advances in Chemical and Environmental Sciences” at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad on 5-6 May,2014.
8.Indo-German workshop on new perspectives for Nanocarriers in biomedical applications. Deptt. of Chemistry, University of Delhi,14 Jan 2013.
Following papers were published by the faculty members
-> Manglik Neetika, Jain Rajni,Pramod K Singh, B Bhattacharya,Vijay Singh,and SK Tomar “Synthesis and properties of polyaniline, poly(o-anisidine), and poly[aniline-co-(o-anisidine)] using potassium iodate oxidizing agent.” High Performance Polymers 0954008316639366, first published on April 1, 2016 as doi:10.1177/0954008316639366
-> Rajni Jain, “Arylalkyl ketones, benzophenones, desoxybenzoins and chalcones inhibit TNF-α induced expression of ICAM-1: Structure-activity analysis”.Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci. 2012, 345(5), 368-377
-> Gupta Neetika, , D. Kumar, S.K. Tomar “Thermal behaviour of chemically synthesized polyanilines with polystyrene sulphonic acid” International journal of materials and chemistry, 2012, 2(2): 79-85.
-> Rajni Jain, “Chemical Constituents of the Genus Prunus and their Medicinal Properties”Current Medicinal Chemistry18(25),3758-3824, 2011.
-> Rajni Jain,“An update on Natural Occurrence and Biological Activity of Chromones”Current Medicinal Chemistry 18(25),3825-3852, 2011.
This paper has good citation record. It has been listed in Top 20 articles (position 5).